Thanks for visiting wheelinjazz.com. Here you will find news and notes of our Wheelchair Basketball Teams and Sports Programs. Our teams are all members of the National Wheelchair Basketball Association. For more information, or to schedule members of the teams for a public appearance, contact Layne Mangum at 801.400.2882 or email@example.com. Please click the links below to learn how you can get involved with the team.
- There are over 300 active teamsparticipating in (NWBA) programs Junior, DIvision III, Women’s, Collegiate, and Championship Divisions.
- The Utah Wheelin’ Jazz Championship Division team was organized in the early 90’s by Mike Schlappi.
- We have consistantly finished in theTOP 10 every year when participating in a playoff run.
- 2-Time Western Region Champions.
- Have been ranked as high as 3rd place finished 4th place.
- Has produced 2 USA Paralymic atheletes: Jeff Griffin and Mike Schlappi.
- Has produced 4 Men’s National Players.
- Four former Juniors have recieved Scholorships to play Basketball throughout the country.
- We Coach, Motivate, and Mentorthe Junior players within our community.
- #Planted seeds, #Given Hope, #Maintianed A Dream.
Photos of the Wheelin’ Jazz
Volunteers – Upcoming Events – Our Mission – What We Do